Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIAW #33

It's that stressful time of year again: exam time! Which means that from now until April 28 I'm going to be spending every day studying my butt off. Luckily amidst all that studying yesterday I still remembered to snap some pictures for WIAW!



It was a productive but long day - I had to get up and moving early in order to squeeze everything in! I was out of the house by 6:30 am to go to the gym for a 4 mile run.

My pre-run snack of Greek yogurt and banana slices, eaten in my car:


After the gym I had my real breakfast of cinnamon and chia seed oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon soy nut butter. It was a smaller breakfast than usual because I knew I'd be eating lunch fairly soon after - and it just wasn't as satisfying as usual!


After a few hours of studying I went out to lunch with my mom and sister who came to visit. We decided on the Armouries Grille located in the Delta Hotel. We had checked its menu online earlier and were really impressed!

Source


I ordered a peppermint tea and grilled vegetable panini, which was filled with zucchini, red onion, peppers and asparagus with goats cheese and a balsamic glaze. I also ordered the salad as my side.



It was very tasty, but I wasn't a fan of the bun because it was too small for the fillings, so they kept falling out, making it really hard to eat!



My mom ordered the Cajun chicken salad and my sister got the grilled vegetable flat bread - they both raved about their meals! We also snuck a peak at the dinner menu, which looks fantastic as well. I will definitely have to go back to try it out!

After lunch they dropped me off back at school, where I spent the rest of the afternoon in the library trying to memorize fatty acid synthesis and beta oxidation. It was super productive! :) I also bought a Tazo Wild Sweet Orange tea from Starbucks and an apple to munch on.



Once I got home I felt entitled to a break, so I crashed on the couch in front of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives for half an hour before starting to cook - I love that show!!!

For dinner I made a quick sauté of tomatoes, onion, zucchini, eggplant, sweet pepper and chicken sausage with bulgur. This reminded me of summer - I made a similar meal all the time last summer when I got all of these vegetables for free from the farm where I worked!



After dinner I studied for a few more hours before calling it quits. I settled into bed with my laptop and a snack (Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cocoa powder, granola, chia seeds and goji berries) for some blog reading. Awesome way to end a busy day!



Have you been to any good restaurants lately?

What's your favourite show on the Food Network?

Armouries Grille on Urbanspoon

24 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about smaller breakfasts...even when I know I'll be eating lunch soon after, I rather eat a smaller meal then as opposed to compromise the size of my favorite meal of the day! Way to go on getting in a workout despite your busy day- great way to set the productivity tone of your day :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 miles! NICE! We NEED to get out for a run this month—I'm game for about 3.5 miles and I think the physio is going to give me the go ahead to run longer starting next week. Fingers crossed, anyways! :)

    Greek yogurt and cottage cheese together? I think I need to experiment.

    I am really wanting to try out a new restaurant around here! To be honest, I've never been for sushi. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhh I'd so be down for a run!

      And EXCUSE ME?! You've never been for sushi?! We are going!

      Delete
  3. Good Luck with exams! you are definitely studying a lot for them! your dinner looked delicious and filling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck studying girl!! I know you'll do well, especially with all this great brain food :)
    Favorite food network show-- chopped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice day of eats! Random question...how do you tackle four miles on the treadmill? Time and intervals I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really go into it with a plan - I usually run around 6.2 mph and bump it up to between 6.3-6.7 mph as I'm going.

      Delete
  6. Sandwiches need to be perfectly proportioned! It is a true art. That is so cool that you worked on a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a delicious day! I totally agree with the bun/filling ratio for sandwiches as well. Good luck with your upcoming exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great day of eats! You always have such tasty looking items... oh and yes to the bun/filling ratio sandwich issue haha
    Good luck studying Chelsea, you are going to rock the exams and tests, I know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i haven't cooked with bulgar before.. is it similar to brown rice? i don't watch the food network.. or a lot of tv... but i do watch 16 & pregnant... talk about quality tv! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually cooks a lot faster than brown rice - it only needs about 15 minutes!

      Delete
  10. Yuck I totally feel your pain on the studying! April 30 needs to come FASTER!!!!! Lol good luck with that :D Yummy eats as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your exams! I'm feeling the crunch too. At least you have some great eats to fuel you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your eats always look so good! I definitely agree with perfectly proportioned sandwiches :) Good luck with your finals! Hopefully they will go by fast for you

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your eats look soooo good!! Good luck studying! I haven't been to any restaurants lately....on a "no eating out" kick- it's helping save money but I def miss eating out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. we totally need to go there babe :D YUMMY!!!!!!! So glad you got to see the dinner menu :D

    YAY for being productive. My little nerd <3 I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow some good eats especially dinner! My mom is obsessed with Chopped and Cupcake Wars so I usually end up watching them with her lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm that sandwich sounds delicious...that is totally what I would have ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate when sandwich fillings are too big for the bread!! The sandwich sounds delicious though!

    I'm obsessed with Chopped and Cupcake Wars. My family and I actually all gather round to watch together, even my 10 year old sister! She's a foodie in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great eats, that veggie sandwich looks particularly delicious, though i often order salads instead of sandwiches b/c it all falls out half the time like you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love diners drive ins and dives! i also reallyyy like best thing i ever ate

    love your bed time snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hear ya on the studying front. I drove all the way to campus today (which is a 40 min drive) for what I thought would be a small group coming to do a mock chem exam, but it was packed. SO my friend and I just left...there was no point in standing in a packed classroom trying to read the board, to get the answers. Now I'm just relaxing for a bit before I get back into it! Good luck with you studying :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with your exams, but don't stress out too much! :) You're definitely a hard worker, so I'm sure that you'll do great (and NOT FAIL!)even if you take time to relax once in a while. ;)

    Your eats looked soo yummy! Cravings for sausage sparked. :P

    ReplyDelete