Saturday, March 10, 2012

Epic mealtime

Hey hey! Happy weekend guys! What did you get up to on Friday night? I got together with Andrea to make a fantastic dinner.



We started thinking about the menu on Wednesday, but like typical foodies, we came up with so many great ideas that we had a hard time making up our minds! The menu we finally decided on was pretty fantastic though.

Andrea in action!



Me, mixing up the veggie burgers




Here's what we made:

  • This raw kale salad with carrots, red cabbage, sun dried tomato, red onions, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and an orange dressing. We left out the green olives though - blech!



  • These veggie burgers from Oh She Glows



  • Crispy baked onion rings also from Oh She Glows. Andrea gave me permission to publicly make fun of her for not reading the recipe properly and messing these up haha. But they still tasted fantastic!



  • Roasted sweet potato rounds with olive oil, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice



We were so excited to dig into our plates... and it was all so amazing! We couldn't even choose favourites!



We finished our meal with very full bellies, which was perfect because we spent the rest of the night vegging on the couch watching Twilight: Breaking Dawn. It was a great night!

Do you like to get together and make dinner with friends?

What's the last new recipe you tried?

17 comments:

  1. I love cooking with friends- so fun! This spread looks fabulous! My aunt had a BBQ today and I offered to make a quinoa salad- fortunately it was a hit with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is so nice! You guys had such a great menu planned and everything turned out great it seems! I need to cook more with friends, it really is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a great night! pretty jealous of that meal, i must say :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that meal looks incredible!!! I want to make those onion rings SOOO bad! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you two are culinary queens!!! Everything looks so tasty, I'm glad yall got to have a fun cooking bonanza together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That truly was an epic meal, not a misuse of that word :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! one couple in particular switches off with us every two weeks for cooking dinner! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great meal! It all looks so delicious, especially the onion rings. I'm such a sucker for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! All looks good and so fresh and healthy :-)

    I don't think I've ever cooked with a friend, other than one time a friend and I tried (and failed) to make garlic bread.

    The last recipe I tried was Chinese Pork Stir Fry. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to try those veggie burgers.. yum!! Everything looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those veggie burgers look like the perfect texture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a Friday evening! Those veggie burgers look delicious as do the sweet potato rounds :)

    It's been a long time since I met with a friend and had a cooking session but I do enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty sure I have to make a kale salad for dinner now...I just bought a ton and just sounds so appetizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I was at that dinner. Everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Epic really is the only word for this. And I coulda been there...NEXT TIME! Think we should pick a dinner night for next year and make it a regular occurrence? Meatless Mondays together maybe?! Cuz I do...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks amazing! I'm going to have to try some of that out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwww this makes me so happy :D

    ReplyDelete